Virtual assistant business is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. It attracts numerous around the globe entrepreneurs who want to be part of it.
Many ultra-busy professionals appreciate having someone who can check and answer their emails, organize to-do lists for them, update calendars, and so on, with minimal interaction.
Advancements in cloud technology and the increased implementation of cloud services in business has made it easier than ever for people to work remotely. Thus the virtual assistant market is growing.
The George Washington University states:
“…the virtual assisting industry is growing rapidly and is expected to be a $130 billion industry.”
Under the category ‘Emerging Technologies’, Virtual Assistance is included alongside such major industries as e-commerce, electronic banking, and portable IT devices.
Virtual Assistance is identified as one of the top ten technological breakthroughs and is already a widely accepted means of business support.
Steps in Starting Virtual Assistant Business
Starting a virtual assistant business is not difficult. Basically, anyone can do it. However to be a successful virtual assistant you will need desire, huge motivation, constant commitment, good planning and plenty of perseverance.
More and more people preferring virtual assistant business instead of working as salaried individuals.
1. Assessment For Virtual Assistant Business
As a startup goes for an assessment like what skill do you have to offer as a virtual assistant, any additional virtual assistant training you need, what are your strength and weakness, who will be your target audience, how will you identify your niche and what benefit you will be going to offer them.
One can initiate this business from location and as self-employment basis. Otherwise, you can initiate this venture by setting up a professional organization.
To start up virtual assistant business all you really need a laptop, phone line, and an internet connection. Having a personal website will be an added advantage as it will help you to present your service portfolio to the client.
2. Pricing For Virtual Assistant Business
When starting a virtual assistant business, you need to decide how much you are going to charge for your services. There is no such industry standard and commonly pure administrative tasks are at the lower end of the scale while services like website design, content writing are at the higher end.
As per specific requirement of your client, you will need to furnish the quotation.
3. Virtual Assistant Services you can Offer
Below we list down some of the popular virtual assistant services that most clients look forward.
- Data entry Services
- Basic bookkeeping Services
- Data mining / online research
- Minute taking & Typing up notes
- Video creation/editing/uploading
- Social media set up/maintenance/content research/scheduling
- Facebook, Twitter or Google ads – creating, monitoring and analyzing
- Setting up/managing webinars and podcasts
- Setting up LinkedIn groups
- Photoshop Jobs
- Transcription Services
- Marketing – creating sales pages/squeeze pages/pop up email boxes
- Event coordination – venue finding and confirmation/collating attendees and documents/on-site support
- Collecting outstanding invoices
- Gmail set up & Email management
- Writing/editing/formatting reports and presentations
- Blog set up/writing/SEO/editing/scheduling
- Newsletter set up/writing/autoresponders/editing/maintenance/scheduling
- eBook editing/formatting/publishing
- Designing/formatting infographics, logos, banners, social media profile images
- Website Designing
- Sales Consulting
4. Create Business Plan
Irrespective of working as an individual or as an organization, you must have your own business plan. The business plan must include what services you are offering, the pricing of services, the structure of the organization, financial and marketing strategies. The plan is critical because you will be earning from leveraging your or working time hours.
5. Marketing Of Virtual Assistant Business
You also need to spend time and create your marketing plan. Do you know someone who needs virtual assistant services? List them. Make a plan of how to approach them. Additionally, you can also create a profile of your services on online freelance job sites.
As a VA and as a business owner, always remember you need to be spot on client need. Keep your marketing elegant and professional and your service delivery friendly and accurate. Meeting the responsibility in-time with quality work is crucial in getting success in virtual assistant business. It is important to keep the momentum and driving your business forward. Become resourceful and keep your client happy.
Enjoy the journey and keep your new small virtual assistant business start an amazing experience for yourself.