The internet offers plenty of opportunities for making money online. Here in this post, we will explore the opportunity of making money with YouTube.
One can make money online in multiple ways. Most popular ways are blogging, affiliate marketing, eBook writing, freelancing, YouTube Channels. However, the most two popular option of making good money are earning by 1) Blogging and 2) by creating YouTube videos.
Let us first have a brief overview of YouTube and then will guide you step by step on how to earn from here.
YouTube business is a sharing and uploading videos on their website and getting money out of it. People can view and share videos of their choice on YouTube. Founded in 2005 by three pay pal employees YouTube now have more than billions of videos to be viewed. This is a very good option for people having passion in some field or the other. If you can create some unique and excellent video, you can make those video viral on YouTube. One can make huge earnings from those video uploading if the video becomes popular among viewers.
How much money can you make from YouTube Videos?
This is a question normally every person asks for an answer. Honestly, there is no straight forward answer. A lot of people earned millions out of uploading videos onYouTube. The clip of one-year-old Charlie mischievously nibbling his three-year-old brother Harry’s finger, known as “Charlie bit my finger – again!”, went viral with millions of views. The owner of this clip earned well over £100,000.
However, unfortunately, all videos don’t go viral. In order to earn a consistent income, you need to upload videos of your choice on a regular basis. Approximately you can earn around $2 per 1000 views. In India, that would be around 130 Rupees per 1000 views.
Ways to Make Money from YouTube videos
There are mainly three popular ways of monetizing your videos on YouTube.
- Google Adsense: This is the most popular and easiest way of making money on YouTube. Google Adsense show contextual ads on your video and when someone clicks that ad, you earn. For this, you need to have an approved Adsense account. You can apply for Adsense account here for free.
- Affiliate Marketing: You can create a video of a product and upload that with a link in the description. When a viewer clicks that link and buys a product you earn a commission.
- Sponsored Videos: When your YouTube video channel becomes popular, advertisers might offer you direct offers of advertisement to be shown in intervals of your video clip.
- Get Donation: If you’ve built up a dedicated fan following, you can ask for a donation for running the channel. Patreon is a great web tool which you can make use of.
How to Upload Videos on YouTube
If you are serious into making money with You Tube videos, you need to invest in some equipment.
What you need:
- Camera – Quality is important and you’ll need to record your videos in full 1080p HD.
- Video editing software – There are many editing software available like movie maker, adobe premiere.
- Sound recording equipment – Buy a decent recording microphone for better sound quality.
How to start:
1 Create an account with YouTube here and start uploading videos you own.
2. Don’t copy the videos you upload.
3. You need to upload videos on a proper channel e.g categorizing entertainment,education, etc
The process is simple and easy. However, to be successful and make good money you must have a passion for the subject you are working and creating videos. If you are not passionate about these two things, you will soon get bored. Remember, here creativity and passion come first. If you are honest with those, money will start coming today or tomorrow for sure. And finally never ever upload videos already copyrighted on YouTube else sky will fall!