As Wikipedia puts it A blog (a truncation of the expression web log) is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).
In today’s world Blogs are the most powerful ways for both individuals and businesses to communicate pieces of information distinctively online. It is, therefore, no surprise that there are On 16 February 2011, there were over 156 million public blogs in existence. A stat on Wikipedia reveals on 20 February 2014, there were around 172 million Tumblr and 75.8 million WordPress blogs in existence worldwide. According to critics and other bloggers, Blogger is the most popular blogging service used today, however, Blogger does not offer public statistics. Technorati has 1.3 million blogs as of February 22, 2014.
People having certain hobbies can make money by creating a blog and posting articles based on the subject. By investing only Rs 1000 onwards you can start blog business.
Creating a blog is extremely SIMPLE and it does not require any coding skills (HTML). In fact, the whole process is somewhat automatic. Irrespective of your age you can start creating a blog.
Why You Should Consider Blog Consulting As Profession:
- Setting up cost a blog consulting business is less expensive.
- You can start the business right from your home.
- You can start this business keeping your present profession intact if you want. Work, whenever you want This, is not a one-time income as your clients need continuing service. Your income hence is ongoing.
Things To Consider Before You Start Blog Consulting
- Check whether you have the necessary expertise, knowledge, and experience required for this profession.You must have the required skills in working with blog platforms.
- The subject is essentially technical. However, you need to explain the benefits to your prospective clients in not so technical terms.
What Blog Consulting Services You Can Offer To Your Clients
- You can offer services in all areas or in any specific area of blogging including, setup, customization, marketing and content writing.
- The target market is ever increasing.Personal bloggers, small business blogs, corporate blogs, etc. to mention a few.
Decide What You Are Going To Blog About
The first thing you need to do is find a blog topic. Is there anything you enjoy or are really passionate about? If there is, then start a blog about it. It is even better when you have been interested in a specific field or an industry for a considerable time because you are already an expert. However, if you don’t have any idea which topic or niche you want to write about, think about your hobbies or just start blogging about your daily activities, memorable moments or simply about everything. You never know you might create an audience who starts relating with you.
Decide Which Blog Platform To Use, Free Or Self-Hosted
First of all, most of the blogs on the internet are made using the WordPress blogging platform. In fact, WordPress has been downloaded over 72 million times and is used by many popular blogs and websites.
My personal opinion WordPress is the best platform to start your blog.
If you want to earn money from a blog I suggest you go for paid hosting.
If you are interested or finding troubles feel free to connect me.
Finally, Blog Consulting is a profession which if you are creative minded, gives satisfaction to your creative mind while you earn.
Wish you the best of luck!